Prizes of the contest The Woman in Cuban Music
On the afternoon of July 9, 2020, the jury of the Cuban Women in Music comic contest - convened by Magazine AM: PM and Vitrina de Vallonia -, made up of Etienne Schréder, Belgian cartoonist, met; Alexander Izquierdo, Cuban cartoonist; Lysbeth Daumont, director of Vitrina de Vallonia; Rafa G. Escalona, director of Magazine AM: PM; and Mayo Bous, illustrator of said publication.
After evaluating the narrative and graphic quality of the works presented, it was decided to award the following prizes:
1st Prize: “Rita Montaner”, by Adrián del Pino
2nd Prize: "I am the Cuban point", by Jennifer Ancizar
3rd Prize: "Tonight", by Remy Ramsés Hernández
Mención: “Lucy García Montalvo, la gran pianista cubana”, Amelia Sautié Oquendo (11 años)
Para futuros certámenes se recomienda a los autores:
- Before starting to experiment with page designs typical of other comic schools (Japanese, North American ...), use the most basic in order to increase fluency in storytelling.
- A comic book page can contain between five and 12 bullets.
- When referring to real characters, the details of the drawing must be taken care of, so that the reader can immediately identify the figure represented.
- Preferably, make the texts by hand, in block letters, or use a digital font that makes reading easier.
- Take into account spelling and writing, as well as consistency in the use of language.
- The title should not be part of the page design, as it can be included in the stem or on the presentation page of the comic.
Cuban music magazine, without distinctions of genres or geographies.